Wednesday, September 10, 2008

i love the 90s

I know I'm not fully entitled to may big statements on 90s fashions, seeing as i was only around for what? 7 years of it, and about 4 of those i can hardly remember.
But 6-year-olds can still watch TV, so what i do remember, is deeply inprinted. And I've noticed a bit more hype lately on fashion that was the 90s, so why not discuss what i remember as a snotty little kid?

Well, firstly, Full House. Yes, it was my favourite show for a number of years. And jsut last night, i was youtubing some my the favourite 'puh-lease' and 'i don't think so mister' moments, ala Michelle Tanner.
Anyways, the clothes. One word from my memory to describe the clothes, would be bright. Oh and cropped. I remember a lot of cropped singlets, and i think S-Club-7 wore them to their death.
Bright t-shirts, big flowery/surfer pattern cotton shorts, subflower of straw hats etc. Classic.
Photobucket Image Hosting

And the jeans. I can only remember wearing jeans with big flowery-motifs down the sides of them, but I do have the faintest memory of my mum rocking the jeans more like this. And my memory must be right because i pulled out an old pair of hers, form the bottom of her closet about a month or two ago.
Photobucket Image Hosting

And sure, there was the huge grunge look that happened in the 90s. But my favourite part?
The daggy-ness.
Photobucket Image Hosting

And even the SATC girls didn't always get it right, although somehow, they still have an effortless-chicness about them.
Photobucket Image Hosting


Ciao!

No comments: