Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fallen in the right direction

Photobucket

I don't know about you fellow international bloggers (international being anywhere not part of the main hype of the USA or Europe), but there is one influential celebrity who i hardly hear anything about, who i think should be given a bit more credit that what she is currently receiving. And who may that be? Well Scarlett Johansson of course!

It may just be my isolation from the big scary celebrity world, and my naivety about the decent-ness of some actor-turned-singers, but a few months ago when i heard a few of her songs, i was shocked! i didn't really want to admit it, but i really like it, and in a bid to not be viewed as just another teeny-bopper following the hype of another celebrity with a new poppy hit, i chose to just ignore the song and pretend i never enjoyed it.

And now it's a few months later, i have heard nothing more of Miss Johansson on the airwaves or the grapevine, and have decided its safe to awaken my 'Scarlett Johansson fan-ness' from hibernation, and tell you all.

I have to say what i like about her songs is the non-pop-ness (I've said '....-ness' 3 times now haha)and the fact that her videos have a certain blasé feel that i am hoping to recreate in the summer riding on my cruiser bike oblivious to the world around me.

So check out here for Scarlett Johansson in full glory. And if shes some big hit in the US that Australia just hasn't heard about, why not just take another listen.
Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

emsydo said...

i've always thought scarjo was a great actress and beautiful girl but was a little dubious when i heard she sang. I will go have a listen though...

Liv Bambola said...

I can't say I liked her song, I hardly even realised she was singing I thought it was a guy. BUT that doesn't detract from the fact that her music still appeals to people, and it hasn't affected her acting career. Gotta love the girl. She's just GORGEOUS!