Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ultra Floaty Florals and Tailored Trenches...

...Is not how i would describe these next few inspirations but, when you need a title, you need a title. Anyways, I was browsing net-a-porter last night and came across a few items that really got me thinking/crying out to my mother in amazement.
Firstly, these two creations by See by Chloe and Miu Miu, I believe are just crying out to me. They definitely suffice my need for colour, in fact the Miu Miu shift takes it about a few (thousand) steps further. i don't really know at all what attracts me to it because really, its just a rip off a clown suit, and i know 90% of people probably find it repulsive. But i have all respect for anyone besides a clown, who dares to pull it off.
And then the See by Chloe skirt. Total and utter perfection. Its a statement skirt I can imagine doing so much with.
Photobucket
Photobucket

While recapping on the images i had saved, i came across a common occurrence. Lacy Cocktail dresses. i didn't really realise i liked them so much until the 'net-a-porter' folder on my computer proved otherwise. The 3 standouts are: A gray organza cocktail dress with black tulle and sequin embroidery by Anna Sui; a cream silk dress with lace front and black satin dress with lace cutouts, both by Thurley.
Need I explain more?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And finally the shoes. Elaborate, eccentric, over-the-top, statement shoes. Ive realised i'm really drawn the pieces that the majority will hate, and a select few appreciate. i know they are a bit out there, but just imagine the reaction you would get wearing them!
Miu Miu:
Photobucket
and Stella McCartney:
Photobucket

i can not wait for the day that i'm living by myself, working full(ish) time, spending money on shoes.
xx

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I'm really addicted to buying shoes and those that you posted are gorgeous!