Saturday, January 24, 2009

australia, australia

I was tagged my Lorraine at Hello Chuck to do the 4th folder, 4th image thing. And it's excellent timing haha, because i don't even HAVE 4 folder anymore. Infact, all i have in my documents is a singular photos folder, where i went on a saving spree one night and re-saved all my photos of my photobucket account. And the 4th photos is....
Photobucket

...not very interesting, seeing as i posted it like not even a month ago. But for those who are interested, it's Emma Watson for Vogue Italia.

So it seems to me lately that quite a few people have been sharing their various inspiration books, folders or whatever they may use to keep their ideas (whether it be fashion related or not), swimming in the fore-front of their minds.
Soooooo,
here is mine. Just a brown paper, spiral bound book. Pretty simple, tacky (sticky tape is sooo fast and effective), and rough around the edges, but hey, it does the job.
My book is a mixture of: various collections i liked enough to make a page for (this is Philim Lim)...
Photobucket


...magazine clippings, and the fashion sections from the random glossy 'lifestyle magazines' that we get in our mailbox every week...
Photobucket


...some weeks the fashion sections are just too amazing to forget about...
Photobucket


...and then theres a few of my own sketches, when late at night i have a brainwave, and need to draw them down...
Photobucket


...then of course i have street style pages...
Photobucket


...and even my friends feature!!...
Photobucket


SO that's that, my inspiration book!
Is everyone having a greeaaaattt australia day weekend? got your green and gold organised for tomorrow? i'm making sushi for our australia day bbq :) celebrating australia's multiculturalism. wow, i'm suprised i even remembered that word, sounds wayyy too much like a school-word. Speaking of school, 2 days. Oh man.

xx chloe

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

your sketches are incredible. and i cant believe you glued me into your inspiration book. i love my life so much right now.

Countrybelle said...

hi chloe sweetie! i love love love your inspiration book. i have one too, but never thought of taking photos of it! my favorite is your sketch of the long dress with the bird print along the hem. you have to make that dress (or have it made)! it is too pretty.
also, i've made up a fashionista tag on my secret blog (heartshapedmorning.blogspot.com). i'd love if you'd do it... if you want!
xx
chloe

Amelia StyleDownUnder said...

woo another brissy blogger! i think i have seen another brissy blogger at http://strike-match.blogspot.com/ have you seen it before?
love your outfits, they're really original. and no, sorry i haven't had any luck with the pyramid studs, i have been to every lincraft and a few spotlights. any ideas? xx

Claire Geist said...

AMAZING!!!


i love those pencil sketches with the dress adorned with birds along the bottom


lovely,lovely

Lorraine said...

Guess what Chloe! :)
I gave you an award!
Check out my blog.
lovelovelove!