Saturday, January 24, 2009

start over

Ok, I'm going to start fresh now. It's the new year, my computer is back, I'm still devastated that my photos are gone, but I'll just start new, and it'll all be fine.
I down to the Gold Coast for a night about a week ago, to stay with some friends. And we found an interesting antique shop loaded with Betty Boob paraphernalia, with other nick-nacks amongst it. And while looking through a pile of vintage 70s material, I found a German fashion/patterns magazine from autumn/winter 1961/62.
It's really interesting flicking through the pages, reading what i can of it, and observing the amazing fashions of the early 60s.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Oh and the magazine is called 'Beyer'

til later,

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

The 60's had nice coats.
And the 60's is so totally coming back.
What with plaid & tweed.
Mmmm!

Countrybelle said...

fabulous post. i LOVE old magazines! so sorry to hear about your photos.
xx
countrybelle
(the secret blog: heartshapedmorning.blogspot.com)

Claire Geist said...

LOVE this!!

really inspired

Lorraine said...

ohohoh!
I tagged you,
check my blog.
:)

emsydo said...

i want all the coats they're wearing! the shapes are amazing.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing these! And well done on the fresh start.

Anonymous said...

dude that is so sick. and the picture of that white lace bodice top thing..whatever it is. AMAZING.